At The Glamping Orchard we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors and their personal information. This Policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you when you use this website, including how we use or disclose it.
We do update this Policy from time to time, the latest version is published on this page so please review this Policy regularly. If you have any questions regarding this Policy please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Legislation means:
- (i) Until 25 May 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998; and
- (ii) Unless and until the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK; and then
- (iii) Any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information that you voluntarily provide by filling in forms on our Website such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, e-mail address and bank, credit or debit account details. For example, when you register for information, or make a purchase, or contact us via the contact us page.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us by any means.
The Purpose for Collecting Your Personal Information
We will generally only collect and use your personal information for the primary purposes of:
- our general business operations;
- effectively providing you with our goods and services;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your inquires or complaints;
- meeting our legal and regulatory obligations;
- conducting, improving and developing a relationship with you;
- direct marketing (such as providing you with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- improving our websites.
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies.
Any advertising featured on this Website may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our Website.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you, i.e. the primary purposes described above. In addition to this we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
- Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Storing Your Personal Data
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
You may refuse consent for your personal information to be disclosed to third parties operating outside of the EEA or withdraw any consent you have previously provided at any time by contacting us. We will notify you as soon as is practicable if this will affect our ability to provide you with products or services.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected, to document our dealings with you for our business records, or as otherwise required to defend future claims by us or as required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information if we no longer need to retain it.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries.
Third Party Links
We acknowledge that you have a general right of access to information concerning you, the right to have inaccurate information corrected and the right to request that your personal information is erased. You are able to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us.
You have the right to refuse consent, or withdraw consent previously provided, to the disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us. If this will affect our ability to provide you with goods or services we will notify you as soon as is practicable.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information and to restrict the processing of it. You may request that your personal information is made available to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form and we will provide this to you within one month of any such request. This period may be extended to two months where the request is complex or we have received a number of requests but we will notify you if any such extension is necessary.
To contact us please see the relevant contact details set out below. If you make an access request, we may ask you to verify your identity and put your request in writing for security reasons. We may charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the costs of meeting your request. We will reply to your request for access within one month days of notification by you unless your request is particularly complicated when we may extend this period for a reasonable amount of time and will inform you of the proposed extension.
The Glamping Orchard
We will consider your question or complaint and respond to you in a reasonable timeframe.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you make contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Phone: 0303 123 1113